Hello

Well that was unexpected...

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tales of a Gent and a Lady: The First Experience (Pt. 1)

One of the most intimate experiences I can think of is sharing a car ride with someone for over an hour. With nothing but open roads you will have no choice but to talk to the other passengers in the vehicle while time ticks on. I learned this from my Easter weekend trip with my girlfriend and it only added fun to an overall awesome experience.



We began to pack the Thursday night before and we already felt happy. It took us about two hours to pack two days worth of clothes though I blame the bubbles Savannah just received in preventing a quick packing.

 Why yes, that is a Companion Cube!

Do excuse the mess in the above picture dear readers, we were packing after all!We ended our Thursday on a high note then went to bed; ready for the fun ahead of us.

College Station, Texas to Waco, Texas
About 148 km

We awoke at around 9AM and filled my car with gas for the trip. Our first stop was in College Station at a wonderful restaurant called "Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q"


Rudy's restaurants follow an indoor picnic theme and serve very tasty BBQ (something Texans love). In the mornings though they also serve breakfast tacos which Savannah and I had and are equally delicious as the regular food. Our hunger held over, we began our trip to Waco, Texas.
With about a 1.5 hours of open road on our hands, Savannah and I talked, sang, and laughed during every single minute. Our range of topics went from how awesome Freddie Mercury is to why manufactures still insist on making vehicles run on fossil fuels.

The answer is always aliens

Then, before our conversation got too crazy, we saw our first true destination in front of us: The Dr Pepper Museum and Free Enterprise Institute.

 My love, Savannah, who I gave time to pose
And, of course, The LoneGentleman before getting a chance to pose

Now a museum based solely on one carbonated drink may sound extremely boring and unnecessary to travel to but the inside gave quite a different view. A view which, dear readers, you will get a chance to see tomorrow in "Tales of a Gent and a Lady: The First Experience (Pt. 2)"!



So how was my post? An experiment with good results or one whose steps must be revised to ensure a better outcome? As a growing and learning writer, I would love to hear the views of those who read my blog. Either way, I hope you come back tomorrow to see what Savannah and I found inside this not so ordinary museum!

Ta ta for now, see you again when the times call for it

No comments:

Post a Comment