Hello

Well that was unexpected...

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Flashback to the Eighties

Before I begin today's post, I would like to take a moment of silence for the Boston Marathon Explosion and provide you with a quote from the greatest Gentleman who ever lived:


May this tragic event only bring us closer and wiser.



In lighter news, Savannah and I got to experience something amazing last Wednesday: our first live concert! We had seen comedians before and always wanted to see a live musical performance by a well known band/individual. And we saw the greatest one of them all.

As a Texas Aggie, this is only person who looks good in a Longhorn jersey

Yes, we saw Mr. John Bon Jovi himself on his current tour "Because We Can". Savannah and I had to travel two hours and wait in traffic for another but boy was it worth it. For those who can tell by his jersey, he played in Austin, Texas. The stadium there is large enough to hold close to 100K and from our nose-bleed section seats we could see the entire perimeter.

Nice stage, bad picture

Bon Jovi's show was scheduled to start at 7:30PM but, like any good rock star, started an hour later. Again, the wait was worth it as Savannah and I were treated to two and a half hours of good rock music. Bon Jovi did play most of the tracks from his most recent album, for which the tour was named after, but classics like Bad Medicine and It's My Life were also included to the fans delight. And for you dear readers, I also got a wonderful, low quality recording of one of the songs he sang. Enjoy:


A Gentleman's View of Life: Bringing Low Quality Videos to You in 2013

Yes that was shot using my phone but it brings the quality of 80's videos to an 80's band! How's that for vintage! Savannah and I had a blast and left about an hour early since we had class the next day. Before leaving though, we had to get Concert T-Shirts. Little did we know, any shirt with "Bon Jovi" on it gives the shirt the right to cost 45 dang dollars!

With our wallets lighter and our spirits higher, Savannah and I set off back home. All and in all, I'm glad my first concert experience was with Bon Jovi. It's a bit of an odd feeling to see one of the greats of the eighties right in front of you. Not to mention seeing a 50 year-old man who moves quicker and cooler than any 20 year-old today! Wednesday night will be one that I'll remember forever as the concert which started my interest in seeing more performers live.

Ta ta for now, see you again when the times call for it

No comments:

Post a Comment