Hello

Well that was unexpected...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Future Plans

I suppose it was a bad idea to start a blogging schedule in the midst of Finals Season here at Texas A&M. If I cannot post two times a week dear readers, then I will try for one. As more and more readers find this blog and summer vacation gets closer and closer, things will defiantly liven up a bit! Let us get back to today's topic shall we?

First off, I would like to start with this:

A dirty dorm room? Worst background ever!

This interesting little device I recently got my hands on is called "Raspberry Pi". It is essentially a $35 dollar computer (a cheaper $25 model exists) which allows anyone from a grade school kid to an engineering student the ability to learn how to code and the internal workings of a basic computer. Its cheap price allows the user to not worry on cost in case your learning experience shorts out the motherboard. (For more information I would suggest going to the Raspberry Pi's official blog here).
With this credit card sized computer, along with a computer manual, I will be attempting to learn a type of computer language called "Python" (hence the "Pi" part of the computer's name). This interest language is a easier to learn than "C" and open-source! A bit of trivia on Python: I kid you not, a computer language used by search engines such as Yahoo! and Google gets its name from the comedy group Monty Python!

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper!"--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Bad grammar aside, I would suggest watching some of their movies/sketches. A bit of dirty humor here and there but worth the resulting laughs!
Anyways, my recent decision to acquire the Raspberry Pi and learn Python actually affects you dear reader! You see, the Raspberry Pi may be cheap but holds almost limitless potential in terms of use. One of this uses is becoming a server; a server for a growing blog. You heard right, one day I want this blog to be hosted on its own server and graduate from Blogger to Wordpress. I have learned so much from writing here and see this as becoming another way to expand my views and learn new talents. Granted, I may not completely abandon Blogger. I just want to experiment with the idea and get some experience by doing so. Wordpress is also not without flaw and has had a history of bad bugs in security. My choices are not restricted and I do plan on trying each option out. If in the end I do stay on Blogger, I would not have done so empty handed or, rather, empty minded. I cannot wait to experience this all with you dear readers. The future is so full of promise and I do hope you will enjoy it too. Summer is always full of opportunity in the land of higher education after all!

PS: I also wrote this blog post yesterday and is officially my first "Schedule Release" post!

Ta ta for now, see you again when the times call for it

No comments:

Post a Comment