Hello

Well that was unexpected...

Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday

I hope everyone enjoyed yesterday, Thanksgiving, and is enjoying today, Leftovers Day. As much as potatoes and turkey are a part of the American Holiday, we must not forget the most important ingrediant is family. For my own, I had grandparents travel all the way from Mexico. They traveled through a war-torn land just to be with the family for two days. The valor and courage my grandparents show every get together is one which inspires me to be close to family as much as I can. Modern society often loses sight among gifts, food, and fun that the whole reason holidays exists is because of family. I like to say if I ever attended a family reunion I will always talk to the older folks first before I see people my age. The reason being is for the knowledge one can gain from a conversation. The older generation has seen and lived times we as a race will never experience again. They have witnessed the world's past mistakes and therefore know what we can do to prevent them from arising ever again. We have to cherish and talk to grandparents and the elderly for they are unrecorded libraries of information

To you masses I hope you see the real reason for our holidays. It is time to wise up, wind up, and converse with anyone older than you next holiday season. You may just learn how to change your life or the world for the better.

Ta ta for now, see you again when the times call for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment