Hello

Well that was unexpected...

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Not Everyone Can Be Marty McFly

It is about this time of the year when schools, parents, and friends often give the pressure of completing or starting any forms you may have that relate to a certain word which will be glued to my mind for the next four years: college. Needless to say, I have been on top of my applications to the point where I have already been accepted! This does sound like good news to the average ear but the reality of it is actually bad and I realized this before it was too late.

It all started on September 23, 2011. I was attending the band (7 years on the trumpet) bus headed back home and enjoying it with 3 great friends. We were having the time of our lives telling stories, trading advice, and generally causing a ruckus for everyone. Not my most mannered moment but remember, all gentleman have a wild moment here and there. Anyways, once we got home I was hit with sadness. I did not know why and had to think for about a day until I got an answer.

Since the beginning of my Senior Year I have been occupying all of my time with nothing but applications of all sorts. To this day I can remember nothing else. I did not create a single Senior Year memory until that day. I sacrificed memories for planning towards the future. A future where I would be missing some of my past because I forgot the present.

Thankfully I learned then before it was too late. I believe being on time to turn in college applications is good, even gentlemanly, but you can not let it take over your life. I may have noticed it now but I will regret missing making memories with friends I may no longer see next year. Do not be the fool who misses the present for the future.

Ta ta for now, see you again when times call for it

No comments:

Post a Comment